The National Research Council's Committee to Assess Research-Doctorate Programs
invites you to a public briefing to release its new report
A Data-Based Assessment of Research-Doctorate Programs in the United States
September 28, 2010, at 1 p.m. EDT
The report assesses U.S. doctoral programs and includes data on over 5,000 programs in 62 fields at 212 universities around the nation. The briefing will include a presentation by members of the committee that authored the assessment, followed by questions from the audience.
Introductory remarks will be given by:
Participating from the committee are:
- Ralph J. Cicerone, president, National Academy of Sciences
- Charles M. Vest, president, National Academy of Engineering
The briefing will be held in Room 100 of the National Academies' Keck Center, 500 Fifth St., N.W., Washington, D.C.
- Jeremiah P. Ostriker (chair), Charles A. Young Professor of Astronomy and Provost Emeritus, Princeton University
- Joan F. Lorden, Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Richard P. Wheeler, Provost, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
If you would like to attend, please RSVP to Sabrina Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those who cannot attend may listen to a live audio webcast of the event and submit questions using an e-mail form at http://national-academies.org/.
More information about the project is available at http://sites.nationalacademies.org/PGA/Resdoc/index.htm.